Now that you’ve been admitted to Spring in New York, it’s time to make your student status official! Below is a “to-do” list of necessary steps. Please see our Critical Instructions page on the visiting student website for additional information.
- Activate your NetID: Your NetID is your login and username information for all NYU-related things. Go to http://start.nyu.edu and follow the instructions.
- Log-In to NYUHome and Albert: NYUHome is the central hub for online communication. Log in using your NetID and newly created password. Once you’re in, visit the “Academics” tab and explore the Student Center where your schedule, classroom location, and grades will be displayed.
- Accept/Decline your Admissions Offer: If you haven’t done so yet, log in to Albert, select “Applicants” and then “Application Status” to Accept or Decline your admissions offer.
- Activate your NYU Email: 24 hours after accepting your admissions offer, log back in to NYUHome. On the main page, click the “E-mail” link. This should take you to your new NYU gmail account. If you are having difficulty with this, please see the troubleshooting steps on our Critical Instructions page.
- Choose your classes: Detailed instructions on how to register will be featured in our next post! In the meantime, we suggest you explore the course search in Albert (go to Student Center, top left corner, click on “Search”).
If you have any questions or difficulty completing this initial “to-do” list, please feel free to email email@example.com. Check back later this week for our next post on how to register.